Why and how you should add halim seeds in your diet?
Halim seeds fall under ‘functional foods’ which provides nutrition to the body and promote overall well being. The tiny cress seeds or halim gives a pack punch of benefits which cannot be underrated. It can be munch by adding them to soup, salads or stews.
These seeds are also called as halim ke beej, aliv seeds or garden cress seeds. In India they are commercially grown in up., Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh.
Here are all the benefits of halim seeds and how you can add it to daily diet meals.
- Treats indigestion and constipation
For treating digestive issues like constipation and indigestion green cress seeds or halim seeds works as an effective remedy. It clears digestive track effectively and provides relief from constipation and indigestion. It is recommended not to eat to much seeds at one time.
- Rich source of protein
Halim seeds are regarded as a Superfood as they are a rich source of protein. If your are building your muscle mass and exercising regularly, you can add seeds in your diet for more nutrition. Simply you need to mix halim seeds with water and drink it on empty stomach. It also gives satisfaction to your hungry and stops you from overeating.
- Helps in maintaining menstrual cycle
It is very important for a woman to maintain menstrual cycle and to help it cress seeds provides best benefits for irregular menstruation. It contains estrogens like photo chemicals which helps hormones to regulate menstrual periods.
- Helps to treat diabetes
Halim contains photochemical which regulates sugar control, glucose control for diabetes in the body.
- Give strengths to liver
Cress seeds help in working of liver. It is rich in triterpens, alkaloids, tannins and flavonoids which protect liver from toxic agents.
- Treats high blood pressure
Halim contains diuretic property which helps in reducing blood pressure in body.
- Provides strength to immune system
Halim seeds contain vitamin A and vitamin C which is a key for good immune system. As vitamin A helps to fight against viruses and bacteria to enter body while vitamin C helps in functioning of white blood cells for antiviral and antibacterial activity. Therefore, halim seeds help to strengthen immune system.
- Helps in maintaining weight
Before having breakfast drinking halim in water controls your weight and avoids overeating of food.
- Enhances breast milk production
Halim seeds are seeds which help in production of breast milk. For new moms halim seeds can be served in form of roasted, in laddos or in smoothies.
- Prevents from cancer
According to the research it has been found that cress seeds or halim helps in preventing cancer. It is full of antioxidants which protects from free radical of cells. In fusion with Halim seeds indulge in killing breast cancer cells.
How to Use Halim Seeds:
There are many ways to use halim seeds in your daily routine. You can cook, roast or simply consume it with water.
- Halim water: take 1 glass of water and 1 tablespoon of halim seeds and keep it for overnight. Next morning before breakfast consume halim water full of nutrients, energizes you and keeps you full!
- Roasted halim seeds: in a pan roast halim seeds alone or with spices (if you wish) and let them cool. Then store them in air tight container. Have it with drink, tea or sprinkle it onto your soup, salads and stews.
- Grind halim seeds with black pepper and add it to your sandwich or other favourites.
- Soak halim seeds in water and add it to juices.
- You can add roasted halim seeds in healthy mix also.