Benefits of Chia Seeds & How to Consume Them in Winters
Chia seeds are quite popular nowadays. Let's take a quick tour and know more about them.
What are Chia Seeds?
Chia seeds, originated in Mexico, are tiny, black seeds that come from a plant in a mint family. It is observed as an energy booster and righteous for the overall digestive and metabolic health.
Nowadays, Chia seeds have become popular and can be used in everything from oatmeal, smoothies to energy drinks and tea.
For people who follow a vegan diet, chia seeds are a great alternative to dairy products as they are rich in calcium and are naturally gluten-free.
As a good source of omega 3, loaded with antioxidants, high in protein, rich in fibre, and a variety of minerals these seeds have become a well-known ingredient for nutrition enthusiast people. While having an earthy flavour, the seeds can be included in your daily diet and can also be served in any dish.
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
Recent studies have found that Chia seeds help in maintaining a healthy lifestyle having significant characteristics of nutrition. Here are all the health benefits:
- Support Strong Bones: Chia seeds are packed with a complete source of protein, magnesium, and calcium. It is not only termed as an energy booster that enhances the energy level of the body but also improves the density of bones. Many people don't prefer milk, instead they can consume chia seeds.
- Best for Digestion: As advised by doctors a person should consume 30g of fibre daily which becomes impossible, but a handful of chia seeds make it easy to get enough fibre. It is important to take adequate fibre to improve the digestive system and reduce the risk of various diseases.
- Improves Heart Health: Chia seeds have essential fatty acids which help in maintaining good cholesterol in your body. For a good heart, a daily dose of chia seeds can be munched as an ingredient.
- Helps in Weight Loss: Chia seeds help in replacing unhealthy snack bites and effectively maintaining weight. It contains enough amount of protein which makes you feel full. People who are concerned about weight loss can add chia seeds on their priority list.
- Control Blood Sugar: Chia seeds are found to be highly related to lowering the blood sugar level and also helps in increasing insulin sensitivity in your body.
Skin Benefits of Chia Seeds
Chia seeds also have skin beneficiary qualities which keep skin healthy and glowing. Here are some benefits of chia seeds which you must know:
- Organic Moisturiser: Chia seeds have an ample amount of fatty acids which act as a barrier between skin and dust. It moisturizer your skin and keeps it hydrated.
- Adds Glow: As chia seeds contain antioxidants, omega-3 and other minerals, it helps in reducing scars, wrinkles and keeps skin clean and healthy.
- Repairs Radical Damage: Chia seeds contain a high level of antioxidants which helps in fighting radical damage caused by UV rays and also reduces signs of aging.
Nutrition Facts of Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are getting popular as a nutrition powerhouse. These are recognized as a super food while offering a huge amount of nutrients in a small bite. It benefits the health, skin and hair and contains per (100g):
Protein: 17 gm
Carbohydrates: 42 gm
Fibre: 34 gm
Fat: 31 gm
How to Have Chia Seeds in Winter
There are excellent ways to include chia seeds in your diet or meal without changing your diet plan.
Smoothies with Chia: Chia seeds can be taken with smoothies such as mango smoothies, apple smoothies, or banana smoothies as they are mild & nutty flavoured, so can be blended or used to sprinkle on smoothies.
Chia Tea: In winter, tea is an essential component of the daily routine. You can brew your tea as you do and can add a teaspoon of seeds. Let the seeds go down and get open and then enjoy your healthy tea.
Chia Seeds in Water: To stay hydrated all day long, mix one tablespoon of chia seeds with water in the bottle.
Baked Chia Seeds: Children love muffins and cakes, add some chia seeds on toppings or inside batter to enhance nutrition value and taste.
Chia Seeds in Yogurt: Yogurt and chia seeds are one of the best combinations. Just add 2 tablespoons of chia seeds to your bowl and enjoy your meal.
If you have any recipes on your mind then put them in the comments section below.