COVID-19 - Simple Prevention Tips and Advice
As the number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 is peaking day by day, one of the top questions is: How to prevent it from spreading further? It is indeed a difficult time but one can take some simple, basic steps to protect themselves as well as others from becoming infected.
How Coronavirus Spreads
- This virus is known to spread mainly from one person to another. Firstly, through respiratory droplets produced when the infected person sneezes or coughs and secondly when the distance between two people is less than 6 feet.
- The best way to safeguard oneself from this virus is to avoid being exposed to it.
- Avoid inhaling these infected droplets and try to remain as cautious as possible.
Steps for Protection
For yourself :
- Wash/Disinfect your hands after frequent intervals - The first defense is washing your hands. Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds particularly after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. You can also use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available. Spread it all across your hands and rub them together until they feel dry. Learn how to make your own sanitizer.
- Avoid close contact with other people - You must avoid close contact with people who are sick and distance yourself from other people. Refrain touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unclean hands.
For the Community :
With these tips in mind, you can do your bit in protecting yourself and your loved ones from this virus. Stay aware of all the recent information regarding the COVID-19 outbreak and make sure to take the right steps to minimize it. Collective efforts will surely go a long way. Keep safe!
Leave a comment